This entry is going to be in list form becauseIsaidso:
- Ultrasound last week
- At our last ultrasound, we were told/shown that I had a slight placental previa (where the placenta covers the cervix). Mine wasn’t too bad, but it still freaked me out. This ultrasound was mainly to check up on the issue. AND it corrected itself/moved away from my cervix,, so ALL IS WELL! Baby is healthy, and moving around like crazy!
- Contractions…I’d been experiencing minor ones lately due to stress and possible overexertion. They can also be caused by dehydration, but since I drink boatloads of water, I deduced it was happening because of other things. The doctor advised I take it easier/relax, which is the obvious solution. Easier said than done, but I am working on it #forbabyssake
- Socially, Jan and I have always been pretty out there. We love to go out/be around people and live it up. Given my current “condition”, things have drastically changed*mainly for me. Being the dad in this has its responsibilities and whatnot, and I’m not talking bad or down on Jan- but! There needed to be a conversation and agreement about spending time “out” because I am physically (and most times mentally) unable to partake in once-loved social times. Mainly, I needed to express how unfair it felt that I was sacrificing all the things, while (SEEMINGLY) he did nothing different. We ended on good notes, I think, and because we both love each other (him a bit more bc he’s dealing with Ashzilla over here) we figured it out. Not just on one front (ex:going out every weekend), but on all (house/animal/Ollie responsibilities). I am thankful and RELIEVED we worked it out, and hope Jan isn’t just agreeing with everything I suggest/say because he is scared of me and my hormones. #TEAMJAN4E #LOVEYOUJANNYBOY
- Ollie has gotten involved in lots of activities – which is wonderful! He is now in gymnastics, basketball/soccer (soon after basketball), and piano. I think keeping him occupied and involved in things is so good and helpful for him- socially and educationally. AND he loves it.
- “There’s a lot of attitudes going on around here…don’t let me get one.” * Lately, and some days, he’s been rather grouchy in the mornings. And then there are times when he’s just rude to us or others. I’ve spoken with him several times about respect and behavior, and I feel it gets through, but then he does something cocky and I’m like “DUDE NO!” I think some of this has to do with him playing video games too much. Even though he only gets 20 minutes a day on either his tablet or the xbox, I feel that is all he wants to talk about. And he is missing out on conversations with everyone. So, I took the games and tablet away completely (this week is the first week of the test). I’m hoping by doing so, and adding in more hands-on/talking time, he will be better behaved. #UGHparenting
- Jan’s birthday (see photos below!)
- I was kind of stressed about his birthday. Because, does not planning a “bar crawl” party thing make me a bad gf? IDK. I think part of his agreeing with my decision to keep the celebration “chill” was because of our “compromise convo” and not bc he wanted to. BUT..oh well, I guess. I think the night went well, and I think everyone had a fun time. I probably put lots of unnecessary stress on myself for nothing #typical. At least he liked the gifts I gave him (?).
- Belly probs (photos beeeelow)
- Giant-sized issues, ya’ll. And I still have 3 months left. I can’t bend over without catching my balance. I’ve got trouble getting up once I’ve sat down. There is this overall uncomfortableness that I totally forgot about, and THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. There is no hustle in me- the hustle have left. My clothes really don’t fit, and I just feel…large. More students at school have noticed/said things to me, and more people I see often, too. Yeah, I’m pregnant. No, you can’t feel.
- Another worry/issue: stretch marks and lotions. I apply liberal amounts of ALL the lotions multiple times a day. I apply to belly, thighs, booty and boobs. Yet, I’m still paranoid I will end up some wrinkly ol lady after all this. Maybe I will! No more bikinis? Oye…you know what, F it. If I end up stretched out/marked up, people will just need to deal with it. #bikinis4e You try having kids and looking like a Kardashian…I DARE YOU! #noairbrushing
- Appetite: I have been craving a variety of foods. From ice cream to sweet potatoes, I want all the flavors. One bonus/plus is that I do drink oodles of water, and continue eating light snacks throughout the day. #somewhathealthy
- Yoga movements/poses: Duh. We knew these were constantly changing. I make adjustments all the time, and will continue to do so. #lovemypractice
- Energy levels: looooow. I feel most energetic in the morning til about 11am. Then I’m all, “beep boop bowww” shut down mode. I wish I could nap everyday…you think my boss would mind?
- Massage/pedicure/ facial #SPAday. There isn’t much time or energy to do things I would like to do, but it’s good I have a list. I’ll get to them eventually 🙂
Today, I got to spend time with me (I haven’t been feeling well, and took the day off work). Also, got to see me some Ro&Shandra so that was a super perk. Evening plans include making BLTs for dinner, getting Ollie a bath, and watching Netflix in bed. Kind of the new “#TTT” for me, ad I love it. Jess would appreciate it, too. SPEAKING OF! JESSSSS- I know you’re reading this, and I just want to say ERMERGHERD I MISS YOU. Also, come live with me already.